Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2006 International DT466 bypass Hydraulic Brake
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erattic

4 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  10:50:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erattic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I was hoping that someone here might have some insight to my issue. I have 4 2006 International buses with DT466 engines and Allison automatic transmissions that i'm looking to bypass the Hydraulic Brake HCU (S4008518777). The problem that i'm running into is if I bypass the HCU, the parking break no longer functions. Is there something that can be reprogrammed in the ECM? Any help would be appreciated!

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  1:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope you are no longer using these as school buses. As far as I know bypassing anything brake related is a big no no on a school bus or even commercial operations. Other than that, I have no help.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Erattic

4 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  2:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erattic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These buses have been exported to South Africa where things are way more lienient. They don't care about the abs etc.
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  2:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the purpose for wanting to bypass an essential safety function of these vehicles?
Go to Top of Page

Erattic

4 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  4:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erattic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The big purpose is because the roads are so poor over there that the brake hcu keeps brakeing, no pun intended. In Africa they generally don't use or require the same saftey requirements that we need here in the US.
Go to Top of Page

kummins

41 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2018 :  09:47:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit kummins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i don't think this is the proper forum to be discussing by-passing/disconnecting of anything safety related !!!

Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2018 :  09:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Next time. Buy buses spec'd with air brakes

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Go to Top of Page

Erattic

4 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2018 :  04:04:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erattic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh I defiantly agree :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000