New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2018 :  11:49:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i am workin on a 2009 maxxforce dt466 it came in with no power bearly moved had couple of codes for cylinder imbalance for cylinder 5 and dpf needing maintence so first i did a buzz test and all 6 buzzed then i fired it up and did a cylinder cut out and 1 and five had no change so then i had a good used injector my tester i put that in cylinder 5 and swapped 1 and 2 to see if the problem would follow fired back up and still cylinder 1 was dead but 5 is now good so i took apart again did a compression check and all cylinders where equal again they passed the buzz test so i am thinking the harnes is good but i ohms out the valve cover gasket and everything is good all the valves move fine and freely i am at a lost o and i sent the doc and dpf out to get cleaned but i am at a lose here

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2018 :  04:36:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whenever I remember having cylinder imbalance issues its been injectors but have had some of these swipe cams as well, though I remember them making a unusual engine noise when this happens sometimes .If I remember correctly is your dtc saying engine maxx out cylinder imbalance or something of that sort ...what it means is its not producing so the engine I believe tries to accommodate the inequality by changing the injector open time to add more fuel ( could be wrong on the details of this but I think this is what is happening ).And make sure once you swap 1 and 2 to run for a while it I remember can be a stubborn dtc meaning the ecm wants to keep setting based on what it is programmed to do , so I would keep clearing and running for a bit and check , I know this sound odd but I vaguely remember this happening so don't just clear install and see the dtc again and think its still on 1 .

Edited by - td083 on 06/29/2018 04:41:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2018 :  12:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i cleared it a few times took it on road for a few times and finally it cleared up ran fine and no smoke thank u
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000