New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2018 :  02:50:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Copy & paste from another section of the forum, original poster is member CISDETC

I have a 09 International special needs bus and when the lift door is opened 2 things are supposed to happen. 1 park brake should set and 2 the wheel chair lift should be activated. Neither of these things happen. The lift solenoid under the bus does not get and power from the brake system to turn on lift. Any one that might have seen a issue like this that can point me in the right direction?

Trailboss

United States
196 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2018 :  04:19:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lift bus that I have the parking brake must be set and the transmission shifter in the P possion for the lift to work. The door doesn't activate the parking brake or the lift.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2018 :  05:05:12 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ditto what Trailboss said^^^ except for door switch activating lift ....Most common problem I have with my IC lift buses is the lift door switch(#2228608C1) malfunctioning and not sending signal back thru bus... I believe it sends a signal thru zero ref voltage to BCM to activate lift Interlock relays in side panel, which in turn sends a ground to lift solenoid under bus... there are a few safety's in bus that have to work in conjunction with door opening event to make lift function, one being trans in neutral, and also BCM recognizing park brake is set...(MY busses are all air brake also)

For starters.. Make sure main power feed from battery mega fuse is 12v going to solenoid under bus, 2) 12v power feed to one of the small wires on solenoid is constant.. then start looking at ground side of system, Maybe someone else can add some more info or correct mine if it is incorrect...hope it helps

Edited by - slippert on 05/09/2018 05:06:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

CISDETC

6 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2018 :  06:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit CISDETC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was the switch, thanks to all for the help
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000