Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 VT365 SMOKING LOW POWER
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  05:23:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
--I have a 2006 amtran with a vt365 bus is smoking seems to be Grey and low power , I checked the oil was overfilled by 4 quarts so drained to proper level
--still smokes low power suspecting turbo ? though no abnormal noise and **at one point** boost did reach 22psi , though could just be passing oil but don't see any heavy oil spotting on down pipe
--is throwing 2 dtcs --power reduced to match cooling system performance (though I checked was not overheating and fan working also pressure tested cooling system was fine )
the other dtc is EBP to high
--the engine seems to run smooth no miss at all , some oil in turbo but it seems on these there is always some oil in there
Let me know what ya think Thanks

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  05:37:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cracked EGR cooler...

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  05:50:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea I pressure tested the cooling system was fine there , just did the air management test again and getting a VGT ERAMS FAULT also noticed doesn't smoke all the time can drive around parking lot heavy accel and be ok at times makes me think vgt vanes sticking ? Just want to be 100% based on turbo cost
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2018 :  08:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ended up being ebp tube clogged , took it as ok data on scanner looked valid and the sensor looked new , should have verified from the get go and not assumed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000