School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Poly fuel line connectors and locking clips.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CISDbusman
Advanced Member

306 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  12:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2007 CE300 Maxforce DT466.

Had to replace the lift pump and fuel filter head assy (leak at primer). I was as easy as I could be removing the fuel lines but still managed to break one retaining finger off each line and break one of the locks.

I figure the locks are sold but what is the fix for the retainers??

Grrr!!!

Thanks all!!!

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  7:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
These are called Voss fittings and IC sells them. There are two sizes used and three configurations. IC also sells a fuel line assembly with attached fittings. The fuel line you are referring to comes return line and supply line together. There is another junction about 30 inches down inside the frame rail about where the transmission connects to the engine. I have made up my own lines with purchased new fittings and replaced the assembly. Replacing the assembly is a lot easier. The fuel line is nothing special although one line will say something like "syntek fuel line" on it. DOT plastic air line works just as well and at times that is what you will receive from IC if you are just ordering the nylon line. If you can give me the chassis number I can look up the fittings and the line assembly part numbers for you.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page

CISDbusman
Advanced Member

306 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  04:12:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brad Barker

These are called Voss fittings and IC sells them. There are two sizes used and three configurations. IC also sells a fuel line assembly with attached fittings. The fuel line you are referring to comes return line and supply line together. There is another junction about 30 inches down inside the frame rail about where the transmission connects to the engine. I have made up my own lines with purchased new fittings and replaced the assembly. Replacing the assembly is a lot easier. The fuel line is nothing special although one line will say something like "syntek fuel line" on it. DOT plastic air line works just as well and at times that is what you will receive from IC if you are just ordering the nylon line. If you can give me the chassis number I can look up the fittings and the line assembly part numbers for you.

Thank you for the info. I hadn't followed the fuel lines to their next termination but I just figured they both went straight to the tank which was likely going to be another rodeo in its self.

I'll holler at my nearest IH dealer and get the parts coming.

Thanks again!!!
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  08:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So here's something I've run across with those primers. I've had a few that start to leak and I think it's complete garbage to replace a $400 fuel filter header for an o-ring. I have taken the 3 torx screws out and have cleaned and inspected all the o-rings on the primer button and if there are no torn o-rings, I lube up the o-rings with Sil-Glyde and put it back together. I have had a 100% success rate in doing this. Just some food for thought. Maybe you can do it to the one you removed and have it for future use.
Go to Top of Page

CISDbusman
Advanced Member

306 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  09:08:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aaronwilmoth80911

So here's something I've run across with those primers. I've had a few that start to leak and I think it's complete garbage to replace a $400 fuel filter header for an o-ring. I have taken the 3 torx screws out and have cleaned and inspected all the o-rings on the primer button and if there are no torn o-rings, I lube up the o-rings with Sil-Glyde and put it back together. I have had a 100% success rate in doing this. Just some food for thought. Maybe you can do it to the one you removed and have it for future use.

I may do just that.
Thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000