Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Cummins Crankcase breather filter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2018 :  08:37:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My 2016 BB All American with Cummins 6.7 put up a code for Crankcase pressure high. This unit only has 29,000 miles on it. I changed the breather filter and test drove and code went away. Is this normal to have to change the filter this early? I have other with more miles with no problems. Just seeing if anyone else has changed this soon.
Thanks,
Ed

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2018 :  09:33:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our schedule is 80,000 Km, (50,000 miles). we have gone over by quite a bit at times and never had a problem.
Are you in a cold area and moisture in it may have frozen?
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2018 :  11:04:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are in Iowa so at one time it may have frozen but not at this time.Does anyone else change the filter on a regular bases?
ED
Go to Top of Page

1Dieselman

28 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2018 :  09:49:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit 1Dieselman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We change ours at 40,000 miles. There have been a couple "escape notice" and end up with 60-65,000 miles. Only time we see crankcase pressure warnings is when the engine has been severely hurt by overheat or lack of attention to air filters.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2018 :  11:56:19 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was recommended by Cummins rep to do them by 75,000.... have so far done mine by 50,000..a couple went longer, 50,000 miles works out to every 1.5 to 2 years with the miles we run.... So far no issues and no codes for CC pressure thrown! and it definitely gets below freezing in MI
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2018 :  12:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got all of mine set up to change at 75,000. My highest mileage one is at 73,000 so it will be done soon. I have had any high pressure codes at all.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2018 :  1:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have one in a BB Vision that poped up the overpressure code when on the highway. It only has 115k on it. I ended up gutting the crankcase filter so I could get it through to the end of the school year. it will still pop up with the low level pressure code when its on the interstate. engine runs perfectly fine and doesn't seem to have any excessive blow by at idle and has same power as its sister bus. I replace the engine air filter about twice a year, or every 20k and have since I started here (rural school district), all our buses were badly neglected before I started here. I'm guessing its dusted but runs fine for now as a route bus. None of our crankcase filters had been replaced before I started, I know replace them once a year.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000