New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2018 :  1:52:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We thought you might be interested in this new feature on the School Bus Fleet website: “Got Questions?”

Ryan Zic, school bus sales director for Roush CleanTech, is responding to alt-fuel inquiries posted on the site.

You can find out more in this story:
http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/news/729267/alternative-fuel-questions-answered-in-new-website-feature

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2018 :  05:31:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Submitted my question. Which was; Why is there such a large difference in propane price in different areas? From the discussion we have had here, I believe this to be a stumbling block for many to purchase propane. These propane companies need to get with the program if they want to increase sales.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2018 :  05:38:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
having just completed the fuel pump and control valve replacement out of warranty to the tune of 2200.00 just for parts we will no longer look at propane with unleaded gas units costing less and parts are far less

How did you get the gosinta in the whatchamacallit
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2018 :  11:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure that's a reason to quit the fuel type. I know many a district that still run diesel even though they spend 10k or more before 100k miles on their diesel engines. I don't cuss (when I can help it) but these dang EPA junk @#$%^&* are about to drive me to drinking.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2018 :  12:58:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we only have 5 spares and with the downtime it took plus the wait for parts(my dealer dosent stock the valve) plus now having to get our propane company to come purge the tank it just adds another expense we wouldent see with unleaded units with only 88000 miles on it it has already had a new motor that was covered under warranty but the pumps and valve were not as its out of warranty by 5 months that's why we will no longer look at propane

Go to Top of Page

RBrian

United States
71 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2018 :  03:20:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit RBrian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeep, why did it need a motor?
quote:
Originally posted by jeeptjken

we only have 5 spares and with the downtime it took plus the wait for parts(my dealer dosent stock the valve) plus now having to get our propane company to come purge the tank it just adds another expense we wouldent see with unleaded units with only 88000 miles on it it has already had a new motor that was covered under warranty but the pumps and valve were not as its out of warranty by 5 months that's why we will no longer look at propane

Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2018 :  04:16:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It dropped a valve at 20000 miles and ford decided to replace as a unit

Go to Top of Page

RBrian

United States
71 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2018 :  04:51:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit RBrian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dropped valve at 20,000? Probably won't see another do that. Our fleet has 24 BB LPG buses, 4th generation and 19 on order. We have had 2 pumps fail. I'm hoping that they produced a bad batch. We plan on sticking with them. No more diesels unless something like the DD5 comes along to change our opinion of them.
quote:
Originally posted by jeeptjken

It dropped a valve at 20000 miles and ford decided to replace as a unit

Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2018 :  09:58:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are going all unleaded gas

Go to Top of Page

40ngone

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2018 :  12:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a 2012 F650 with the 6.8 gasoline V-10 drop a valve at 22,000. Also got a motor. The guys that did the job said they are changing a whole bunch of these.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000