My pooooooor bus!!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LaidlawDriverMassachusetts

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2002 :  10:09:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi ...The busses at my yard go to another town for service- owned by Laidlaw- My bus was due for a fluids check/change and whatever have you. When my bus came back from the shop, I noticed that it shifts hard when you put the gear into D N or R and when I am on the road, and just as I am close to being stopped...The gear makes a buckling noise as if it is slamming and it jerks....I brought it back to the mechanic and they said there was nothing wrong with it...It never did this before .... It is a pain in the but to drive becaause as it slows down it jerks ......... ;-( Did they kill my bus??????? It never did that until after it came back from the shop...Any suggestions ?????? Thanks

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2002 :  11:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your bus is equipped with an Allison AT545 tranmission (you didn't tell us much about the bus), it sounds like the "kick down cable is in a bind or broken. If it's a mid to early 90's International, or other, that sounds like the problem. Have the shop re-check your bus.
Joe

Go to Top of Page

dispatcher

1 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  12:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem on a bus I drove a while ago. Does it sometimes shift so hard you taaught you got hit from the rear? What type of bus is it? Mine was a ford. If yours is the same, email me at cynthia_kammann@lpsg.com
I too am a Laidlaw employee, and our mechanic truly know his buses.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000