Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Blue bird all american king pin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jon the Mekanik

46 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  12:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jon the Mekanik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2010 BB front engine
They do not sell king pin bushings. For this axle everyone is telling me You have to replace the axle. I have been around and I smell bs. I spent 2 months looking with no answers. By the way I have 6 buses that need king pin bad.

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  1:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that can't be right.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  1:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have a body number?

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  1:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure about the 2010 BB but the 2016-2018 BB Visons we have, that holds true. You have to replace the whole axle.
Go to Top of Page

kummins

41 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  04:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit kummins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bluebird uses hendrickson steer axles.

on hendricksons website,

https://www.hendrickson-intl.com/Truck/Bus-RV-Medium-Duty

select your axle, click details

here's the breakdown for bluebird...

https://www.hendrickson-intl.com/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=1fdb3ee2-08e0-4d97-b7df-b2b257a9b69b

buy direct from component manufacturer or your local truck parts vendor, not the body manufacturer.

there are only a handful of companies that make axles and brakes and springs. all vehicle manufacturers have to use them because they do not make those parts themselves.

Edited by - kummins on 02/16/2018 04:47:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  06:46:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have done both complete axle on one and just bushing kits. I am looking at the bb 2010 vision manual and it has the procedure on just replacing the bushings . The one we did just the bushings was a new gas job under warranty but am sure its the same axle as the 2010. I actually bought a reamer from china so I can replace the bushings my self and not send out next time.
Go to Top of Page

Jon the Mekanik

46 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2018 :  05:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jon the Mekanik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks all I was getting where dead ends I will try to find That I will post the information when I find it I know its a front engine flat nose all American
Go to Top of Page

enokradeht

United States
27 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2018 :  7:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can buy bushings, pins themselves are cryogenically pressed into the axle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000