New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2018 :  10:48:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone ever take one of these pulleys off? It's threaded on the front OEM Ford crank pulley. I know, from looking at the new pulley, that it's left hand threads. However, I cannot make it move without slipping the belt on the back pulley. Going to try to hold it better but thought there might be a better way to do this.

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2018 :  11:49:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If possible, a well placed "burb" from an air chisel might jar it loose.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback

Edited by - Fastback on 02/12/2018 11:49:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2018 :  11:56:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if memory servers me there is a puller for that and I believe its a bird part and you need it to put it back on

How did you get the gosinta in the whatchamacallit
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2018 :  12:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got it! Crazy thing came apart on me and I had to take the part away from the crank pulley get them apart. The left two parts came apart. The smaller aluminum part on the upper left, in the picture, was stuck to part number 3 in the illustration. I removed the three bolts holding part number 3 to the crank pulley and then put it in the bench vise and used a little more persuasion. I'm replacing that inner long belt while I'm in there. Good luck to anyone doing this. It's interesting but not impossible.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/E9NVuFw6QbNnLOKL2

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2018 :  2:22:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've done this before and I used a chain wrench around the back part. It worked but not very well. There is a special tool from Ford to make the job easier and if I have to do it again I will get the tool.
ED
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  04:29:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eshover

I've done this before and I used a chain wrench around the back part. It worked but not very well. There is a special tool from Ford to make the job easier and if I have to do it again I will get the tool.
ED

I don't think the PTO pulley (or second pulley, as the Blue Bird book calls it) is a Ford part.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000