Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Type A Bus preferance
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2017 :  06:01:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What's everybody on here's favorite type A bus? I'm not a fan of any of them but I'm always going to have a few. We currently have two 06 Bluebirds and a 14 Microbird on Chevy Duramax chassis. I have a local company trying to sell me a new Titan but I've never actually seen one in person. What's your thoughts? Thanks!

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2017 :  1:30:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thoughts here are my own..

Microbird G5
Pros: Exceptional visibility to the right of the driver with the wide, powered door, open interior
Cons: Leaks everywhere, rattly interior, fiberglass body

Thomas Minotour
Pros: Can't see any aside from going through your Thomas dealer if you already have Thomas
Cons: Extremely poor visibility to the right of the driver, narrow entrance door, paint chips off.

Collins on a Chevy/Ford E Series chassis (Ran these in my fleet and loved them)
Pros: Exceptional visibility to the right of the driver, solid body construction, open interior, steel body
Cons: Could use a wider entrance door

TransTech
Pros: Solid body construction, good visibility right of the driver, aerodynamic design, steel body
Cons: Narrow entrance door

Starcraft
Just don't.

Titan
Can't say much about it other than it's a fairly standard type A, but it does integrate touch screens to replace controls. Can't say anything good or bad about it, to be fair.
Go to Top of Page

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2017 :  2:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your thoughts. I'm hoping to see a new Titan in person before I have to order something.
Go to Top of Page

Titan1

7 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2017 :  04:09:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Titan1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mquiring

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm hoping to see a new Titan in person before I have to order something.

Let me know where to bring it?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000