2008 C2 clearance lights
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2017 :  08:56:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having a problem with clearance lights around the top peremiter of the bus will go out. All other marker, tail, license plate and parking lights stay on. After the headlight switch has been turned off for a while, the lights come back on only to go out again. New headlight switch didn't fix it. Where do these lights get their power? I can't find any fuse for them

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2017 :  5:52:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The top marker lights get there power from the BHM. It should be a brown wire #46. If I had to guess I'd say maybe a rubbed wire up behind the curtain rail. Either behind a radio speaker, slack in the wire bundle and it dropped rubbing on the curtain rail, or at the very back corner where the wiring rounds the bend. That's where I usually find them!

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/buster133/media/6f2e0703-1970-4ac9-bb1f-b6b9d7c12297_zps1741e113.jpg.html][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

junderwoo

1 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2017 :  10:47:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit junderwoo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, wondering if you found a fix for this problem? I just brought a C2 into the shop with the same problem. I have a dash code fault of SID 112 - 06 but I'm having trouble finding anything for that code on the Thomas Website.
Any insite would be appreciated!
Go to Top of Page

jczanstke

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2017 :  04:21:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit jczanstke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check for water in one of those clearance lights, we have 15 C2's and I run into that problem every now and again. Also if you get a smell of electrical burning check to see which light is causing it fix and it should fix your problem.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2017 :  2:58:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I found the problem, thank goodness it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I had a bare wire behind one of the speakers on the left side of the bus. The grommet had came loose, and the wire was right on the sharp edge.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000