Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2017 :  12:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed this article.

http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/news/725239/atlanta-boosts-efficiency-service-with-school-bus-fleet-department-overhaul?utm_source=email&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_campaign=20170914-NL-SBF-Newsline-BOBCD170908009&omdt=NL-SBF-Newsline&omid=1004440393

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2017 :  1:07:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a neat story. Being in the great state of Georgia and having some insite on this school system. I know why their maintenance program was in such dire straights prior to this. I will not discuss any of that here. I'm glad they have it turned around.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2017 :  2:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RonF

That is a neat story. Being in the great state of Georgia and having some insite on this school system. I know why their maintenance program was in such dire straights prior to this. I will not discuss any of that here. I'm glad they have it turned around.

I don't know a thing about this school but if you don't have leaders in place who care and a good set of checks, you are going to have a mess. You have to have a real passion and vested interest in order to have a smooth running setup.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2017 :  05:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They need to expand on this..
The department has also saved about $70,000 in fuel with improved battery and charging system diagnostics.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2017 :  06:41:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by exmod110

They need to expand on this..
The department has also saved about $70,000 in fuel with improved battery and charging system diagnostics.

I noticed that too. I'm guessing they were having to start the buses, with a jump pack or something very early, and they were running for an extended time to charge the batteries. It could also be a misquote by the reporter. You know that happens quite often when you talk to someone writing a story. It's hard to explain things to someone who really doesn't, for the most part, have a clue as to what you are talking about. lol

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000