Engine light 2017 IC bus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2017 :  4:56:32 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a 2017 IC Bus with the 6.7 Cummins . A light in the shape of an engine will not go off . I am not sure what this light does ? I realize it's under warranty but the nearest Cummins dealer is 50 miles away and an IC dealer is 100 miles . So anyway to find out what gives without software ? Or am I stuck and need to go to a dealer ? Or bite the bullet and buy software but will I need something else besides my laptop ? Thanks

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2017 :  5:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's an emissions fault light. Insite is the proper tool for the job BUT if cruise is on the wheel... Go in... Key on/engine off, push left steering wheel switch up and right switch down at same time, write down active codes, report here, and I or someone can look it up.

Post last 8 of the VIN and I'll look to see if it needs a field service done for false DEF codes. My 17s did.
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2017 :  03:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a good chance it is a DEF quality code. There is a campaign out on this which was recently modified and released and the bus will derate if it is this code. Hope it is something else but that is what ours have been.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000