Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 no crank no start , x on shifter pad
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2017 :  05:04:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey all have a 3000 series Allison came in for crank no start no power at shifter pad , I checked found tcm not sending voltage to neutral relay **once bypass this bus starts everytime , the wire from tcm to relay has been replaced
---I have been checking bus for a long while is intermittent what I think is going on is tcm not seeing ignition signal because I cant connect with tcm and wont send volts to relay when issue is occurring but when its working all this is good
--I checked pin readings from a sister bus when issue is happening and they are the same ,
****tried my hardest to wiggle and shake any and all areas of the harness none seem to make a difference , it seems to occur once I let the bus run for a while it happens more often and
***once the bus is running it is fine does not cut out at all or have any issue I replaced all relays checked fuses good even when issue is happening power to tcm checked ok and grounds as well
--I did even replaced several pins on wires to tcm none made a difference
---the first day it came in could not get any lights at all on shifter pad and bus never started all day so I swapped a tcm and boom the bus ran fine no issues so tcm was replaced once it was installed was driven and then wouldn't restart ***now though it had the x on the shifter different from the first day checking it ?
I don't think a neutral switch issue due to no communication when the issue happens is it possible a internal trans harness issue or am I way overthinking this one
any thought or suggestions thanks

Edited by - td083 on 08/31/2017 05:06:56 AM

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2017 :  08:26:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the new tcm is bad swapped to sister bus and having the same issue on that bus, now just testing bus to see if anything on the bus side is causing this or did we just get a bad tcm
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2017 :  10:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If this would happen to be a C2, I've heard tale of guys having connectivity in the battery boxes causing the keypad to say XX or **, and no crank. These would have been buses from around 2007 or so.
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2017 :  03:05:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea its a 2003 amtran with a t444 , yea I thought the same that it could be a issue and sometimes it seemed to occur with me moving the battery tray in and out which it turned out had me chasing an issue that wasn't there just was intermittent , when I swapped a known good tcm in bus it would not have an issue no matter what I did and when I swapped my suspected bad ecm in a good bus the issue happened in that bus as well , and after a long while looking at it I was shown a invoice from the dealer saying they could not connect to my original tcm wish I would have known this earlier it would have conformed the tcm was bad instead I 2nd guessed myself trying to find another issue for hours because man these things never go bad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000