Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 allison mb3060 4514 fault
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2017 :  06:07:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever had a 4514 fault on a Allison mb3060? It says it is a "C" solenoid open circuit in the book but I am unsure as to which way to go with it. I have dropped the valve body in a 3060 before to change turbine speed sensor but I have not messed with the solenoids before. Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  10:08:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does anyone have a 3000 series manual that could tell me which solenoid is the "c" solenoid?
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  11:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I don't. My experience is with Allison 2000 series, since they came out, for solenoid codes, is either internal wire harness, or wiring from TCM to transmission, hove not had to replace a solenoid as of yet. Your results may vary :)
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  11:48:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try google for schematic? then follow wire colors? Just a thought.
Go to Top of Page

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2017 :  06:19:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The schematic is copyrighted, so I cannot find a free copy anywhere online. I believe I found the solenoid location, and my problem is intermittent and seems to be related to temperature. It will operate properly for about half of the buses route and then it will code and stick in 3rd or 4th gear. You can turn the bus off and it will reset till it shifts to 4th and it will stick again.
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2017 :  07:17:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could be something as simple as a loose fitting terminal in the connector for that solenoid.
Go to Top of Page

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2017 :  09:43:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*update* I replaced the internal wire harness and the solenoid and put it back together. It ran flawless for almost two weeks, then Friday it faulted out again. driver was able to shut the bus down and restart it and it operated fine for the rest of afternoon route. Does anyone have a harness schematic from the ECU to the trans connector? I have ohm checked all wires from the ECU to the trans and all read good, I want to replace the wires for the "C" solenoid but I do not know which wires to replace. I know there is a shared ground and a signal. I cannot find a schematic online anywhere.
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2017 :  10:30:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i can scan it and send it. just need your email.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2017 :  10:53:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks Ken, tony.bayer@district145.org
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2017 :  11:07:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sent

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2017 :  08:50:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
found open harness under load, ohm tested fine, ran new wire and test drove. ran fine for two days on route then started shifting from second gear then to sixth and sticking there. new codes 5622 and 5611. It has been at the Allison dealer since Tuesday and they have not figured anything out yet. I will post when we get it back with what was going on. thanks for the help
Go to Top of Page

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  09:22:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just brought the bus back from the Allison dealer after having a new trans installed, turned out to be a pressure problem when it reached operating temp. They thought it might be a solenoid problem and recommended spending $2600 and putting all new solenoids in it to see if it would cure the problem, but if it didn't then the pump would be the cause and we would have to put a new trans in anyway. We decided to just put the new trans in it to begin with and be done with it.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  09:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a rare day when a 3060 needs replaced. Let's hope it's the last one for awhile!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000