New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2017 :  04:59:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
? i have this 08 ic dt466 its running like it has a slight miss the injectors and pucks where replaced recently i did a compression test threw the lap top and it showd on cylinder was low so i wanna do a mechanical test but my question is how do u prevent the oil from coming out injector pump during the cranking ? the readings i got with laptop where cylinder difference cyl 1 29
2 15
3 19
4 29
5 15
6 15
i also have to codes one for vgt 2175 now the actuator shaft sticks so i no i gotta open up turbo and see if i can clean the vanes also have code 1396 its an egr code but i dont think those would give me a stumb at idle like a miss fire. also is there any way an out of adjust vavle lash could cause this and do u guess normaly reajust them and how often??

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 08/25/2017 06:06:41 AM

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  05:38:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the stumble at idle should kick a code saying cyl x max fuel something contribution reached or something sim if it is bad enough. I have one doing the same right now its an 09. I also have a messed up relative compression results indicating the cyl in question way off. anything off of idle and it runs fine. have not dug into it any further as yet, but I am going to check valve lash and see if I have a worn cam b4 anything else. It too has had injectors and pucks recently but the issue never went away (inj's changed for other reasons)
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  07:47:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i checked valve lash and it was good the bus runs well but it has a wierd sound coming from engine while driving and when it idles u can smell raw fuel but again it runs fine no codes everything looks good except the relative compression and its four of the six cylinders i am lost on this one
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2017 :  12:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok still fightin with this bus first there is alot of fuel in the oil so i am thinking i have at least on leaking injector but may be more now would that leaking injector wash out the cylinder giving me bad compression readings second iput fuel gauge on it start it up the gauge goes crazy but once i shut it down the pressure bleeds down fast i comparried that to a good bus and again when i start up my gAUge goes crazy but when i shut down it holds pressure so thats y i am thinkin i have a least one bad injector but they all pass buzz test and when i do a cylinder kill test they all seem the same is there a way to test ech injector for leak without takin them out?
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2017 :  04:41:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i dida relative compression check on two other buses and they where all over the map what exactly does this test tell u then are the numbers suppose to be hi low is it checking compression ???????
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000