Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Weldon supplemental warning light kit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2017 :  2:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone installed a Weldon supplemental warning light kit. It is a kit with LED light bars on the front and back of the bus about waist high to help stop STOP sign runners. I've got the lights attached and wires run near stop sign but not sure where to go to get power. Looks like I have to go into the STOP arm control box and hook to the flashing red light wires. Anyone? 2018 BB All American bus.
Thanks,
ED

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4545 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2017 :  06:42:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have these. The directions are miserable about where to get power! I've taken all of mine right off of the wire to the stop sign solenoid with no issues on buses with Weldon 7000s and with BMC's controlling the sign. If you have electric sign, then I'd suggest using the wire that the BCM sends 12 VDC to the sign telling to to extend.

If it'll make you sleep better, add a relay and just use my suggested wires at the signal to the relay.

Do not hook to the flashing light wires as the directions imply!
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2017 :  07:34:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. I did hook to the wire that extends stop arm and it works just fine. Yea, the instructions look like you are supposed to hook up to the flashing lights.
These lights are bright and should help with stop sign runners.
Ed
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4545 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2017 :  3:25:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They do seem to help. I set mine to strobe (shhh, don't point that out to the inspector). Minimal problems, sometimes one gets out of sync and has to be reset.

Got one defective light out of the box, Weldon sent a replacement, no questions asked.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000