New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2017 :  09:58:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
on this one with the tail lights on and turn signal on the tail lights flicker where the turn signal flashes i figured its a ground issue check grounds they are good when i put my power probe on the tail light voltage wire i get a pulse when the turn signal flashes is there a turn signal flasher or does it run threw the multiplex unit????

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2017 :  04:19:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It runs through the multi-plex box.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2017 :  05:04:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when i test the tail light wire coming out of the multiplex it pulse i am thinkin a bad multiplex unit ??
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2017 :  08:52:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check it going in and see if it pulses, which it shouldn't. If not bad box.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2017 :  09:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its ground coming in from switch and thats steady i swaped out the box with another one and same thing i cleaned grounds at all lights the monitor and still flashed only way it stops is if i take all the bulbs tturn signal bulb from front and rear it stops pulsing the tail lights with only the four side body lights flashing
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2017 :  10:03:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont have a schematic in front of me, but if I remember correctly, the clearance light work as follows, ground signal from the switch, to the multiplex, from there the signal goes to the relay in the side panel, and the power that goes to the tail lights, gets its power from the fuse panel on the side, not directly from the multiplex, so you would want to check your power at that relay? See what happens there
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2017 :  11:12:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
u wouldnt happen to no what relay iit is there are alot
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2017 :  11:27:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i found the relay and the power pulses there to i swapped to see what happens no change again with lights on and four ways on the tail lights flicker everytime the signals flash the ground is good from switch to multiplex but the signal out to tail lights pulse right at the connecter when signals are on i swapped the multiplex thinkim it was that i checked all grounds to rear tails i am lost here seems like a ground issue
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  05:10:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
would anyone have a wiring diagram for the tail lights and turn signals
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  05:21:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
alsoi notice that the horn signal has a slight flicker in it as well i really need a wiring diagram to see whats what does anyone have one i cant find one and there is no flasher correct?????

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 07/17/2017 05:22:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  05:28:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You don't have access to BLue Bird vantage? It is free if you have purchase blue bird buses. Contact your dealer and they can set you up within hours. Vantage has everything manual wise for your specific bus.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  05:37:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no we dont have that we only have to visions and never got it will look into it
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  07:26:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.blue-bird.com/Portal/Wiring-Schematics.aspx

try it without logging in, I never have. I only noticed a login button since Ron mentioned it. Works best with body number vrs vin
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2017 :  07:30:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks guys i got the diagram didnt have to login i ended up cleaning the main power wires to the multiplex they had some kinga plastic melted in there it helped with the loss of voltage to the multiplex the lights still flicker but alot better u really have to stare at them to see gonna see if thats good enought to go threw inspection no idea what else could be the problem if it goes threw which i think it will i will have to go threw all the power wires and clean up
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000