Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Bus is surging at idle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2017 :  9:09:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello. We have a 2005 IC Re DT466. I just changed the HPOP, fuel injectors, and the o-rings on the oil rail. The oil rail o-rings were bad causing the bus to not start because of low oil pressure to actuate the injectors. Now the bus is surging at idle which it did not do before. (200-300rpm surge). It runs fine all the other times. Not showing any codes. Could the ICP sensor be bad? Or maybe one of the remanned injectors have a problem? The IPR valve is new as it came on the reman HPOP. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2017 :  04:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does it start right up or does it long crank? Does it smooth out after warm up? Did reman HPOP come with a new lift pump? You may have air in the system fuel or oil.
Go to Top of Page

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2017 :  10:11:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It does take a while to crank on start up. It does not smooth out after warm up it is always surging at idle but runs fine at all other speeds. I don't know if reman HPOP came with a new lift pump. Also, I have put roughly 25 miles on it since the repair.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000