2003 IC Ce Headlights
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2017 :  05:40:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before I dig into this mess, hopefully someone has had this problem and can set me on the right path.

When I turn on the headlight switch, the dash lights up, both turn signal arrows light up (not flashing) as well as the high beam indicator and they all stay on, and the high beam indicator will not go out when the high beam switch is engaged or disengaged. The actual headlights will not come on at all when the dash is doing all of this.

Do I have a switch problem, high beam switch problem or dash problem? There is no light monitor.

Once against again this is on a 2003 IC CE

Edited by - baptistbusman1 on 07/03/2017 05:05:57 AM

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2017 :  04:12:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would look at the turn signal switch.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2017 :  05:43:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Humm, that sounds like a bulb. I don't know that for sure but it sure sounds like when you have a turn signal light filament crossed.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2017 :  06:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

Humm, that sounds like a bulb. I don't know that for sure but it sure sounds like when you have a turn signal light filament crossed.

I have had that happen before. Everything checks out on this bus though. It is intermittent also, went to work on it this morning and everything works again. Only happens at night when headlights are needed.

I also noticed when this is happening, the headlights won't come on when the parking brake is released.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2017 :  5:32:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This sure sounds like a ground problem at one of the exterior lights or the stepwell light. The dash is providing a ground path for the exterior lighting in my theory.

Fender signal option? I've had the plugs corrode and cause weird stuff on the 3800s
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2017 :  03:13:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It almost sounds like you could have a melted connector on the headlight switch. The 3800's were famous for that.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2017 :  08:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, an excellent point!
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2017 :  2:41:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check your bulbs and make sure someone didn't put an 1156 bulb in where an 1157 should be. Someone did that at our shop once and the bus did some funky things.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2017 :  3:41:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone, I have checked everything, looked for the incorrect bulb in stepwell and I can't find anything. Of course the bus won't cause the problem now that i'm looking to fix it.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000