bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2017 :  06:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JRob

quote:
Ic bus had a demo today at the local racetrack. Drove the new gas 8.8L. I liked it. Lots of power. Supposedly has been avg 8mpg as it tours around. Warranty will be done in house at the international dealer. Estimate it will cost 3-5k cheaper then a diesel. Engine happiest between 1200-2000rpm. Very much like a isb or a dt.

You have to be careful with this. Until it is certified with emissions through CARB and/or EPA you have no idea if what you are test driving is actually what will hit the street. They can tune to performance for a demo because that bus can't be sold.

quote:
Has anyone heard when IC will actually deliver one? I heard that a large district in Texas bought a bunch and was told February at the time of the bid and now are being told August 2018 at the earliest. Evidently they are having trouble getting the 8.8L PSI engine EPA certified.

There is nothing shown as approved on the CARB site that I can see. They won't deliver before you see that cert.

There have been some delivered to the Indy area. Haven't heard anything about them though.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2017 :  2:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/news/714392/ic-bus-delivers-100-propane-school-buses-to-indiana-district

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2017 :  03:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/news/714392/ic-bus-delivers-100-propane-school-buses-to-indiana-district

Over a year ago. Any reports from the district?
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2017 :  05:20:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Taking a trip to the PSI plant this Summer and to where they marry the couple in Tulsa Oklahoma with the IC rep. Should be interesting.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2017 :  06:11:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by second.flood

quote:
Originally posted by bwest

Over a year ago. Any reports from the district?

No, haven't heard anything. Would be nice to though. You can hear all you want from the company and that's great but real world experience says volumes about how the thing is put together. I could probably write a small book about experiences I've had with the Roush in our very small district. I still recommend them but they do have some issues worth discussing. My trouble would be finding the time to do it!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

JRob
Advanced Member

207 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  1:39:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit JRob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
There have been some delivered to the Indy area. Haven't heard anything about them though.

I thought the question was regarding gasoline versions not LPG. The gas version is currently not certified.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  05:17:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JRob

quote:

I thought the question was regarding gasoline versions not LPG. The gas version is currently not certified.

Sorry, you're right, I still can't get it in my head that they are going to actually make a gasoline engine again. ugh

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000