Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2000 International Hydraulic Brake issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rtcrane

1 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  06:13:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit rtcrane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We purchased a 2000 International 3400 T444E with hydraulic disc brakes. The bus had been sitting for 2 years. When we bought it there were no rear brakes. Some of the rear tubing had recently been replaced. I decided to replace the remaining tubing, all 4 calipers and hoses.

When we attempted to bleed the system we could not get any fluid to the rear calipers. There is fluid(pressure) at each port (primary and secondary) of the master cylinder and back to the ABS module, but nothing coming out of the ABS Module fittings for the 2 rear wheels. The front bleeds fine and a test drive in a grassed field shows that the front wheels are locking up. The ABS doesn't seem to be kicking in. The ABS light is not on.

I have tried bleeding by use of a pressure bleeder as well as pumping up the pedal. I have a scan tool on order to try bleeding while cycling the ABS.

Has anyone run into an ABS brake issue like this?

Any suggestions, or thoughts?

Thanks!

Edited by - rtcrane on 06/02/2017 06:45:17 AM

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2017 :  08:20:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have come accross this before but usually only one rear wheel not both it turned out it was a stuck valve in the abs unit never had both not work before i tried tapping on it an nothing ended up replace the abs unit and the problem was fixed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000