New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2017 :  11:55:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
heyguys i have this vision with no passenger side low beam no power to B1-103 i can seem to track where it goes anyone have a diagram or can tell me where it goes and connects to any help would be great

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2017 :  12:45:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
trace the harness back along the front of the bus I find all my problems along there mostly rubbed thru and or broke off

How did you get the gosinta in the whatchamacallit
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2017 :  12:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have 17 Visions and haven't had that issue yet but my guess would be that it would go to the BCM. There are several relays there with the BCM last time I looked one might control the headlights.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2017 :  1:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i chased the wires all the way up to the fire wall and they are good cant figure out where they are inside the bus i see a couple realys above the bcm but they dont match any colors i am lookin for i figured they went right into bcm
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2017 :  1:17:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i need to find a diagram i am getting 10 volts to the headlight wire unpluged when i plug it in it goes to 0 if i power up the wire the light wores so iam things a corroded wire or something but i chased it to fire wall and its good also on the bcm there are channel lights 1 thru 8 i get channels 12 and 6 when i turn headlights on i am thinkin there should be one more but not sure?????
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  05:53:44 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have 2009 visions and the normal place to find issues on them is the weather pack plugs that is between bumper and radiator in between frame rails. One on the left and one on the right..... lots of salt up here though dust in summer and ice in winter, they seem to corrode no matter how much dielectric grease you put on them...

Edited by - slippert on 05/18/2017 05:54:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  06:51:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are your wire diagrams.
https://www.blue-bird.com/Portal/Wiring-Schematics.aspx

Like jeeptjken and others say, all our problems have been around the bumper, worn through, broken and the flat connector.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  08:48:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i tracked the right front headlight wire into bus to connector on body module if i un plug and power up that wire the light comes on so i no the wiring to the light is good when i check for power at the pin on bcm there is nothing the wiring diagram doesnt show where the power from headlight switch goes but i would think its one power in from switch then bcm sends one power to left light other to right so if thats the case the bcm would be bad does that sound right or am i way off
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  12:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I remember right, it is a single ground input to the module from the headlight switch, then the module sends out 12v pos to the headlights on separate circuits.
SO you sound like you are on the right track.
Do you have one you can swap to try before buying one?
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2017 :  05:17:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah that was my thought i am tryin to get one in today so i can swap we only have three visions so its a little tuff but yes i have the ground coming in when i turn lights on but only power to the wire for the left headlight nothing for the right i always hate makin the call on replaceing a body or trans or engine computer

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 05/19/2017 05:18:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2017 :  08:03:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i finally got one in i put the bcm from the broken bus into the good one and the right front headlight did not come on so i think its safe to say its the bcm or as i was corrected by the dealer its the multiplex module lol 1500 buck ugggggg
Go to Top of Page

nathan

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2017 :  10:17:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit nathan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you don't have the budget for that part. The Multiplex box works just like a relay (12 volt battery, control, output and ground.). I have wired in standard relay using the ground signal as the control leg of the circuit from the head light switch. You can get your 12 positive from many different area in the PDU box where the multiplex box is located. If you do this repair you have to fuse the output 12 volt side.

Edited by - nathan on 05/19/2017 10:19:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2017 :  10:26:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks nathan but the box is already on order i thought about doing that but then i desided not to but thanks for all the imput and help guys one headache down one to go
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000