Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 1994 BB Entrance Door
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2017 :  10:29:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does any body here know of a source for a complete entrance door for a 1994 GMC Bluebird with a jackknife door? We had our old activity bus get hit by a girl running a red light a few weeks ago. I have found a stepwell for it but can not come up with a door. I have a 1996 bus that is almost a twin that we are retiring but the door is a little different and its two inches shorter. According to Blue Bird the door is obsolete from them but yet they still make the stepwell for the jackknife door. Thanks!

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2017 :  10:52:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may have to search junk yards that deal in school buses for the jack knife doors.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

busrench

31 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2017 :  11:24:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit busrench's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How long is it? We have 2 here that are in good shape and was thinking of scrapping them. Our school is in the UP of Mi.
Go to Top of Page

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  05:16:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I dont have the bus here to measure right now but as soon as I get it back from the body shop thats doing the estimate I'll check. I'd just have to figure out how to get them from you. We're in central Nebraska. Sounds like a good road trip! I wish could convert them to outward opening but that looks like a lot of work even if you had a donor bus with all the parts. Thanks for your help!
Go to Top of Page

busrench

31 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  07:00:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit busrench's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Both of these are 77 3/4" high.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000