Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2005 IC RE Injector Replacement Procedure DT466
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2017 :  4:11:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello, I have an 05 IC RE DT466 with Engine brake. My question is: How do you replace the fuel injectors on this engine? More specifically how do you take the engine brake off to access the injectors? Thank you in advance.

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2017 :  6:50:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the above post as this engine does not have an engine brake. But there is a high pressure oil rail (I think) on the intake side under the valve cover and that is what I am wondering about how to take off? New to diesel so please have patience.
Go to Top of Page

57fan

United States
148 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2017 :  8:50:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
once you get the Valve Cover and valve cover gasket / wiring harness it easy. Remove the 10mm bolts holding the HP oil rail on, lift it off (might need a small pry bar). Then each injector is held in with a Torx bolt (T-20 or T-25). Unscrew and it will lift out the injector. That's the skinny. treat the injectors like they are an egg as they are expensive. When installing make sure the sealing ring comes off with the old injector as the new injectors will have a new seal. Be sure to reseal the HP rail before re installing.

Lead, Follow or get out of the way! Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2017 :  05:39:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
don't forget the O ring that sits in the head that seals the high pressure rail to the supply

How did you get the gosinta in the whatchamacallit
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2017 :  06:29:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mrpicky, you mind if I change the title of your post? Anything like this is awesome information for anyone wanting to tackle something that looks daunting. Just wanted to put the engine in the title. It should help others find it easier. Thanks

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2017 :  07:14:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks to everyone for the responses. bwest no I do not mind. This really helps me that's for sure!
Go to Top of Page

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  04:21:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before pulling out the injectors, make sure you remove the drain plug on the fuel rail to prevent fuel from filling up the cylinder.

Go to Top of Page

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  8:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Getting a bit of rough idle after changing the injectors and HP oil rail o-rings. Accelerating fine and getting up to freeway speeds well. Should the fuel filter be changed as well?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000