Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Air Door Trouble
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crmech7

51 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  2:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit crmech7's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a 2012 International Maxxforce with air operated doors. The hinge has been ripped off of the door twice now and my only guess is that the air pressure is too high (they do open and close fast and hard.) Anyone know how to adjust the air pressure on these?

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  2:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Below adjustments should be able to be accessed above the entrance door

Air Regulator/Filter Assembly
Regulator is factory set at 60 psi. Regulator pressure can be increased between 60 psi to 100% system pressure by adjusting the regulator. In areas with high cross winds, adjusting the regulator to full system pressure will assist in eliminating door flutter and gaps during transport
When increasing the air pressure, the open and close speed controls also need to be adjusted to maintain door operating speeds

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback

Edited by - Fastback on 04/27/2017 2:34:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  6:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the full length hinge breaking off, or the attaching piece at the top of the leading door leaf? Around the summer of 2012 we started installing entrance door bracket reinforcement kits.
Go to Top of Page

crmech7

51 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  04:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit crmech7's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's breaking at the top of the door. The bolts (or rivets maybe) ripped out and took a piece of the door with it.
Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  05:03:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we have a welding shop cut out the area where the bolts go thru and weld a solid block in its place then we just drill all the way thru and bolt the top arm back on so far so good

How did you get the gosinta in the whatchamacallit
Go to Top of Page

crmech7

51 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  07:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit crmech7's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeeptjken

we have a welding shop cut out the area where the bolts go thru and weld a solid block in its place then we just drill all the way thru and bolt the top arm back on so far so good

We just got it back from a body shop who did that and this time the thicker metal that they welded onto it broke off along with the piece of the door it was connected to.
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  08:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The retrofit kit #2589963C91 that we put on 60 buses from 06-12 model years has held up for the last 5 years. I think there was a IK article back then...
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  09:11:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our IC dealer sells reman doors

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  10:51:07 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you have a big chuck broken out of door, the kits above won't work till ya repair door... Short of replacing door... The way I found best (as also mentioned above) if door was all cracked or busted up was to cut out broken pieces then get aluminum blocks or material to space in between inside and outside door panels, repair or replace inside panel... then drill all the way thru it and install Kit mentioned above by Mechan1c....or save yourself 25 bucks and buy some flat steel and a few bolts and make your own kit....Those kits were 27-28 dollars last time I checked for 2 bolts and a piece of steel with 2 square holes in it... I make my own...

Edited by - slippert on 04/28/2017 10:53:04 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000