8 Way Warning Light Strobes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BlueBird16
Advanced Member

USA
382 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2002 :  7:59:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit BlueBird16's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Recently I saw a special on t.v. about school bus Safety. I'm not sure if it was CNN or what news channel. Any way, I saw a fairly new school bus with 8-way warning lights with strobes. Does anyone operate a school bus fitted with these? If so what state do you operate out of and where can these strobes be purchased? Thanks

Jeff Flatt

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2002 :  06:24:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have not seen any school buses in operation with strobes, but you can buy them many many places. There are multiple aftermarket strobes including CRS which offers strobing LEDs. When I was quoted however, they only had red LED strobes at the time. You can also spec the strobes when you order the bus. I know you can get the conventional strobes but you may also be able to spec the LEDs when you buy the bus because I know with Thomas and Blue Bird you can spec the CRS Child Reminder as a factory option.

Stop at: http://www.buses.cjb.net
Forums: http://thebusboy.proboards2.com

Quote:
"Today is the first day of the rest of your life."
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2002 :  10:01:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here in MA, I've seen a few buses with the strobing warning lights. The buses that I saw had both the amber and red warning lights with the strobing effect. Definitely very effective in getting other motorists' attention. The stop sign also had strobing lights.

To add to Mike's post above, check out CRS Electronics on their website at: www.crselectronics.com . There are also a few other suppliers out there as well, as Mike mentioned, you can find them in many places.

Go to Top of Page

BlueBird44
Top Member

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2002 :  10:34:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw one of our Chater Schools had a Storbing 8-ways amber and reds. Very effective. The School closed down so I do not expect to ever see that bus agian. But I think it did a good job to call attention to the bus.

~BlueBird44~
Remember Bus Drivers play the most important role in a student's day.
Go to Top of Page

klooker

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2002 :  08:59:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit klooker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have 4 complete 8-way strobe warning lamp systems that were made by Nova electronics. They are new systems that have never been used. I obtained them from the Carpenter bodyworks factory when they went out of business. I am not a Nova dealer and I don't know about warranty and service issues but I will guarantee the units to work.

Please check with your state specs as to if you are allowed to use strobe overhead warning lights.

Feel free to e-mail or call me with any questions.

Kevin Looker
Transportation Accessories Co.
1-800-848-0756
kevin@tacbusparts.com

Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  10:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the STN Expo in Reno, there were some vendors at the tradeshow who had the strobing LED lights. One of the companies that offered both the amber and red strobing LED warning lights was Sound Off, Inc. Their website is listed on the flyer, and the URL is: http://www.soundoffinc.com

They looked pretty cool. I don't remember the exact prices, but they were somewhere around $150.00-200.00. They also offered LED tail and turn signal lights.

I hope this is helpful.

Crown Supercoach - The “Royalty” of Pupil Transportation
Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  10:59:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think that our 95-96 AmTran conventionals have strobing LEDs. I'm not really sure of their effectiveness, but they do get my attention.
Silas J.

Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  11:00:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I live in TN, and I have no idea where they got them from.
Silas J.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000