Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 training
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

austindnh

23 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2017 :  6:03:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit austindnh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
our transportation director is thinking about sending a few of us to schools for training any ideas on good schools I know each bus manufacture has there own schools any of them better then others also specific motors and trans we manly have Cummins and have some max force and cat c7 all have Allison transmissions?

any info on schools would be helpful thanks

sob

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  05:50:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thomas Built Buses Training is coming up in Reno Nevada, July 11-13.

Pretty sure you could go to the Thomas Built Buses website and get all the info.

B
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  07:06:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sob

Thomas Built Buses Training is coming up in Reno Nevada, July 11-13.

Pretty sure you could go to the Thomas Built Buses website and get all the info.

B

Im planning on being there for this one. Though I heard they arent holding it at the Grand Sierra so it looks like we wont be bolwing or go cart racing, but Im sure theyll have some other festivities planned. And the training was good too.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  07:09:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BusWest.com

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  10:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/index.php?eventid=244160&

more info on this link

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  09:33:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would recommend Allison training if yo can get it. The transmissions itself are so reliable, any problems I have come across so far are speed sensors, internal harness and chassis wiring. Early 2000 series changed a few NSBU switchs but none in recent years. So easy to check and pinpoint problem when you have an understanding.

Any training on your engines would be helpfull too. Not sure how it works in your area, but around here we get training from a dealer or the manufacturer but it sounds like it may be different in your area?
Go to Top of Page

scot1337

119 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  12:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Thomas training in Reno is a good one to go to. The classes are pretty in depth and have good info. They are still having it at the The Grand Sierra, so I still see go carts in the future! I will going to it too.
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  1:23:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scot1337

The Thomas training in Reno is a good one to go to. The classes are pretty in depth and have good info. They are still having it at the The Grand Sierra, so I still see go carts in the future! I will going to it too.

see you there.
also my salesman clarified, Thomas is staying at the Grand Sierra, the bus trade show is at the peppermill I think. He said they would provide transportation to and from.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

scot1337

119 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2017 :  12:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right on, you think they would clarify that on the website. Are you doing the HDX or C2 class?
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2017 :  12:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont have any C2's but I signed up for that class this time. Maybe I'll learn something new. You?
Anybody else on this forum going to this thing?

-Ken-

Edited by - krmvcs on 05/01/2017 1:01:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

scot1337

119 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2017 :  3:09:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did the C2 last time so i'm doing the HDX this go around. Should be fun, the Ricon Lift class was pretty good.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000