New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2017 :  10:33:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am tryin to get a wiring diagram for a 2002 ic dt466 i am getting a brake pressure warning like and i am looking for the wiring diagram for the brake system

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2017 :  1:55:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont have a diagram, but if it is the system I am thinking of, assuming pressure is good some common problems are.....
shorted, corroded or wrong bulb brake light (if the motor will run when it should most likey this is the problem)
relay on master
pump motor,
power available to pump.
Go to Top of Page

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2017 :  2:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello thinking you have a hydromax system here is a link to the manual unless its a wabco system but thinking not. http://www.alpinecoachassociation.com/chassis/Bosch%20HydroMax%20Booster%20Manual.pdf
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  04:30:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank u for that yeah i replaced the relay the flow switch and the module the system works with koeo the pump motor runs when istart up the motor shuts off but if i put my foot on brake at idle for about 2 minutes the brake pressure light and buzzer come on i flushed out the power steering fluid it semmed totake long nowbefore the light comes on so i am thinking? its a power steering issue but i dont have a gauge to check pressure
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  04:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might check any hose clamps between reservoir and suction side of the PS pump for tightness.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  06:49:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Power steering filter?
I have used 15W40 for power steering fluid on older units when the pump gets weaker.
Does the light come on quicker if you press on the brake and turn the steering wheel at idle?
Unplug the flow switch o see if that is whats triggering the alarm?
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  09:26:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes it seems as tho it come om faster if u step on brake and turn well takes a little longer when u are just stepping on brake power steering filter it has one? where would that be????
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  09:29:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i unplugged the flow switch and the light and buzzer come right on i swapped it out with a non good one still same problem
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  09:31:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Usually the filter is inside the reservoir, the top turn off to access?
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  09:39:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what an idiot i never thought to open the big cover gonna try and find fitler and see if that helps
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  11:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
changed out the filter and swapped out all the switches with ones i no are good and still the pressure light comes on when idling and foot on brake for about 20 sec it has to be a pump proble right ?
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  11:22:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pull wire off flow switch, ground it to keep it from turning light and alarm on, try holding foot on brake and see if they come on, just to rule out other parts of system.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  12:56:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok will try tomarrow its a two wire switch which wire do i ground
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  1:14:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been a while since working on one of these. If it is 2 terminal, unplug it, you said earlier the buzzer sounded right away, if so then jump the two terminals to take that circuit out of the problem. I believe one of the wires just goes to ground. (Basically, you want to disconnect the switch, and do what you need to to stop the light and buzzer from sounding when you disconnect it.) If the buzzer does not sound after a while when pressing on the brake, then most likely a pressure (pump) issue. But if it does still sound, then you know it is another part of the warning system causing the buzzer and light to come on.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2017 :  04:05:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok kewl thanks will try that
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2017 :  04:46:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i jumped the flow switch and the pressure light and buzzer never go off but i just realized that i have no brake lights and when i hit brake the brake lights on monitor come on dim for a qucik second could that be my problem or is that something else along with my pressure light
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2017 :  05:14:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cant believe it (I never mentioned the switch) Yes that is a common problem also. There are 2 outputs for the brake light switch, the 2 outputs must be energized at the exact same time or the buzzer will sound.

Just to clarify, above, you jumped the flow switch, when you said the buzzer never go off, do you mean they don't sound and light or it continually sounds and light is on.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2017 :  05:25:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if i unplug the flow switch the buzzer and light stay on if i jump the flow switch the light and buzzer stay on. i pulled monitor out and i checked for power when stepping on brake and there is none if i use my power probe and power the brake light feed in the lights come on so i started bus but foot on brake while i powered the brake feed wire light and buzzer never came on i test brake light switch its a two wire switch there is constent power and when i step on brake it has power at other wire where does it go from there relay in side panel ?
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2017 :  06:11:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ugggg i finally got it a pin was pushed out on the relay for brake lights thank u guys for all the hlep again
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2017 :  06:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not familiar with the early IC's we were still getting 3800's until 2005, but imagine there is a relay in the side panel for the brake lights, guessing though, sorry, if anyone is familiar with this system, please feel free to step in :). Sounds like it is a mix of 3800 and IC.

I would concentrate on the brake lights for now and see if problem goes away as either way it is a problem.

Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  09:23:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Missed your fixed reply, guess i was typing at the same time. Anyways, glad to hear you found the problem
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000