04 DT 466 no start :-( Code 211 need help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2017 :  8:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Today I went into work to see if I could get this engine running . In an earlier post I mentioned getting a reman from Jasper . Today I wanted to start up the engine . It cranked and cranked with no results . I checked things out with service maxx . Gave me a code of 211 . Said ICP was low on oil pressure . When I cranked with service maxx hooked up said I had 36 lbs of pressure . IPR detected 536 lbs I looked at the gauge and it registered 0 I forgot to look at the tach .I don't want to start tearing into the engine and wreck the warranty I took the intake off to check to see if I missed a connection .Everything looked good .How should I proceed with this engine . Don't want to use starting fluid . Fuel pressure was thru the roof . Can I bypass something to at least start the engine ? Also when the key is on the wait to start light won't go off after awile and the check engine and filter light stay on

Edited by - valleybusman on 04/15/2017 9:22:56 PM

td83

83 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2017 :  03:13:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit td83's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well not sure if im understanding but try to help, don't know what you mean the ipr detected 536 lbs of pressure but the serv maxx says 36lbs , but im guessing the 536 you saw may have been the commanded pressure was 536 but the actual icp was only 36.
--one thing ive noticed sometimes the icp with engine off will read like 29 lbs (even though its not ) so would want to know first is the base oil pressure good I would suggest pulling the oil pressure temp sensor and see if oil comes out there good , if so likely in the hpo side of things without base oil psi will still throw low icp dtcs . Also would just double check the ipr connector and icp . If you can confirm base oil pressure then we know its a high side issue but would do that first ***don't just go by the gauge when cranking and condemn the base oil pressure ive found that during cranking to be unreliable test at times .
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2017 :  06:17:45 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
After inspection I will do some more checking and get back to you .
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4545 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2017 :  06:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CYA and call Jasper to start a warranty case on the unit. If you do too much without their blessing it can come back to bite you.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  09:28:06 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I called asper and they were of no help . Just said engine ran fine on there dyno . Asked me questions about what I had on my service maxx . Then asked me to run another test and get more readings . I know I need to be more patient and work with them . What I am wondering is I think it must be wiring . The code shows up before I start the engine and it won't clear . Which sensor is this connected to and where is it ? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  12:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
211 is Engine Oil Pressure signal out of range low. Did you get the oil pressure sender hooked up? It's just above the high pressure oil pump, mounted to the back side of the front cover. If your ECM is mounted to the drivers side of the engine, it is just left of the bottom left of the ECM as you are standing at the front tire. (assuming this is a front engine.)
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  1:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes I have it hooked up and am wondering maybe I plug the wrong connector on it ? Could that be possible ? I haven't pulled it to see if I have oil behind it .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000