FE 300 Radiator install
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2017 :  07:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have just gotten the reman engine in my 04 FE 300 . A DT 466 . I have bus inspection on Monday the 17th . I don't want to work the weekend if I don't have too . Is there an easy way to install the radiator in pieces ? There is a around the radiator and charge air cooler . Can I assemble 3/4 of the frame install it in the bus and then slide each unit down into the frame ? Then put the top back on ?

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2017 :  10:07:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't tell you from personal experience, but I can tell you our techs remove and replace the "cooler package" as a unit. From watching them I don't see how you could assemble it piece by piece on the bus but someone else may know a procedure that will work for you.

90% of our 800+ buses are front engine transit front. We do this a lot. We have several jacks, don't know if it's something they bought or built, specifically for this. They drain it, put the jack under it, pull the hoses, wiring, and bolts, then pull the jack away. Pretty slick and no real heavy lifting. I can get you a pic Monday if you'd like.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2017 :  8:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Big papa for the info . What I did was use a forklift today and that helped .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000