Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2010 Maxx DT shuts off at random
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2017 :  07:05:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I need some help fellas, I have a DT that's shutting off while coming to a stop. It's been doing it for quite awhile and not giving any codes. I've replaced the ICP sensor but the problem remains. When it shuts off it'll start right back up with no problem. It will run just fine for a couple of days then all of a sudden shuts off while coming to a stop. I've checked the fuses at the battery box and they look fine no burnt connection is visible, I've done the wiggle test on the IPR connector and can't get it to shut off.

It's been doing it more often now that it shuts off while driving and now it won't start so easy. I got it to shut off on me in the shop while it's at idle with the laptop connected and gave me a code "ICP pressure excessive with KOEO". The ICP pressure stayed at over 1000 psi with the desired ICP at 0 psi. It would crank but not start with the pressures that way. After about 30 seconds the ICP pressure went to 0 psi then the engine would start. I'm dumb founded, or maybe just dumb LOL.. Any help is appreciated.

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2017 :  07:34:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would have to say wiring for the ICP sensor assuming the new sensor is good? KOEO it should be 0 psi.
The newest I have is 2009, not sure if any changes to 2010 but have had various problems with wires rubbing through to one another or to one of the harness supports in the area left side, top valve cover near the baffle for the downdraft tube.
I had the same problem recently only the sensor fixed the problem.
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2017 :  09:41:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll check the harness and keep you guys posted. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2017 :  11:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Harness looks fine. It doesn't look like its rubbed through anywhere.
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2017 :  08:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have lost access to my IC info (not sure when I will get it back )so I cant give you much more specific to check. But the KOEO 1000psi is your problem, so it is either the wiring to the ICP sensor or the ECU or IDM, not sure which it goes to :(
Do you have a unit you could swap ECU IDM with?
Does someone have a schematic?
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2017 :  08:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just swapped out injector harness with another bus that just had new injectors, pucks, and a new harness. I'm also swapping ICP sensor with same bus and trying that out. I'll keep y'all posted.
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2017 :  09:58:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update: replaced valve cover gasket (injector harness), replaced ICP sensor again, replaced CMP and CKP sensors. Test drove just fine crossing fingers and putting it back on route. Will update in a few days.
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  04:12:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update: driver reported the bus has been running fine and hasn't shut off. I think the replacing the CMP and CKP sensors did the trick. Replacing the injector harness was for good measure.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000