Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Not a problem...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnuckleBuster76

45 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  09:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes a guy just has to vent a bit. Running into some issues with the electric park brake system on one of our "new" (2006) buses. Tried to get 'er fixed without having to sink money into a new computer. Problem is that it NEVER acted up for me, no matter how much testing I did. Only acted up when the driver took it on route. Had some harsh words and accusations of laziness thrown my direction from the driver and management. Sorry! If it don't act broke, I can't fix it! Some of these folks act like there's ZERO frustration on my end. I believe there's times when I'm more frustrated than any of the drivers or management. Ended up putting a loaner computer in it today and we'll see if that solved the problem. I've done everything else I can think of. I don't know why they can't understand that I don't want to see the stupid thing in the shop any more than they do.

Sorry to dump on y'all. Had to get that off my chest.

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  09:54:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do they buy buses with the electric park brake anymore? If so, they need to rethink their logic.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  11:57:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This has to be an IC with the Wabco full-power hydraulic brake piece of garbage.

Tell them to come here and search for it, they might learn something.
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  12:26:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the complaint with the park brake? Is this an IC?
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  12:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what kinda problems u havin i have had problems with the solenoid on the parking brake actuator but u have to make sure the pressures on the front pump are good
Go to Top of Page

International-9.0
Advanced Member

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  6:33:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps this is of no help to you, but I will suggest it anyways. Don't throw anything at me...

Have you tried taking the bus on the exact route it drives. Perhaps even simulate the stop (without flashers and where traffic permits). If you put the bus through it's exact actions as on the route, it's bound to mess up somewhere along the way.

I'm sorry you had a bad day. I get that at work sometimes, too. People have high expectations and things aren't always as simple as they would like to believe. You just have to ignore those few and keep truck'n.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  06:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We use to be mechanics, Now with all the technology we have to be Technologists... You would think it would be easier,lol...Most people outside our trade do...
What use to be take 15 minutes or so to diagnose and then what every it took for time to fix problem, is now taking hours (sometimes days) to find the real issue, then take the 15 minutes to fix it.....

Maybe you should ask them if they have a office/home computer problem and have to take it to someone to be fixed how long it takes..lol I have never sent my desk computer to my tech dept and had it back right away. Normally they have it for days, most times when I get it back chances are it still has issues and has to be returned to them...! We are working with multiple computers on these modern vehicles and they all have to work correctly and together for all systems to work properly... The nuts and bolts part of it is easy...

Fortunately I work for and with great people who for the most part seem to understand what we as mechanics are up against these days... My drivers understand that it may take some time to figure out problem and Management understands that it may not always be cheap to repair... Good luck to you!!

Edited by - slippert on 03/30/2017 06:52:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

KnuckleBuster76

45 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2017 :  04:24:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by torque

What is the complaint with the park brake? Is this an IC?

That's exactly what it is! The elctronic/hydraulic/mechanical POS.

"Just... I dunno... Just fix it."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000