SOS lights inoperative on one side only
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PrestonBus

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  08:11:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2006 CE300 conventional. DT466, Allison trans.

Red SOS lights went out this morning, on LEFT SIDE ONLY (front and rear)

All Ambers work correctly, RIGHT SIDE RED's working, but Ive lost circuit to LEFT SIDE RED SOS's, and the upper light on Stop Sign. Out on ELMO as well.
Power-probed the front SOS light, and I can power on the rear, the stop sign light, and ELMO indicators, which tells me the circuit wiring itself is good.
Im suspecting the BCM module...
Anyone else come across this?

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  11:14:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try swapping BCM with a known good one.
Go to Top of Page

Donguy

7 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  8:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Donguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unplug the wiring connections on the BCM and carefully check the plugs and pins for looseness and melting. We've had some where the plug got so hot that it melted the plastic connector inside where the pins are. You couldn't see it until you removed them.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  08:23:29 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You can also have an issue in the lights themselves....one of the three can make the FET(fancy name for circuit breaker) inside BCM trip and lose both front and rear and one stop sign light on an IC ...I have had that before myself....

My example:: both light on one side inop, started working on rear light, ended up replacing complete light due to rust....went to work on front and was working fine... figured bad rear light was causing FET to trip... Stop sign and both rear lights are feed from same wire off BCM..

I suppose could be BCM, but have I have buses here in that vintage that are at 250,000 to just under 300,000 on miles and have yet to have to replace a BCM.... Now that I said that I am looking for wood to knock on...!

Edited by - slippert on 03/21/2017 08:29:59 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000