IC FE 300 engine removal best way ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  07:42:32 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The district has decided to go with a jasper engine . I thought a Cummins but they don't have a kit yet . When I was talking to the local Cummins service dept. I was asked which engine I have . Told him DT 466 and he recommended putting same engine back in . What I am questioning is he sounded like this was engine you drop down out of the bus . I was going to remove the radiator and use a fork lift and remove from the front . Are there different ways . I have only removed engines from conventionals so now I am wondering . Please give your ideas .

sob

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  12:43:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've done a few through the years. What seemed to work best for me was to disconnect the engine from the bell housing. You will have to disconnect the transmission either way... The struggle I'd always had in the past was tipping the engine enough to "get over" the cradles on the inside of the frame rails with the bell housing attached.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2017 :  11:05:40 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks sob anybody else ?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000