Drag link adjustment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2017 :  12:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have the procedures or measurement of the drag on a 2005 TC2000. BLue Bird vantage doesn't have manuals on ones that old. Vantage calls it a A3FE. However it is a 72 passenger and I think it should be a TCFE.

Anyway, some years before my time someone replaced the one tie rod end on the drag link and I suspect it may be out of adjustment. The toe is correct but it pulls to the right.

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2017 :  06:41:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4 headlights or 2? 2 = TC, 4 = AA
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2017 :  08:39:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would out of adjustment drag link not just move the steering box off center, making the steering wheel off center? If your wheels are straight ahead, and your steering box is in the center of its travel, I would say the drag link is adjusted correctly, no?

When I have a bus that pulls, I swap steer tires side to side to see if the pull changes sides, but the usual result is the pull goes away all together. I would try that first.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2017 :  12:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by torque

Would out of adjustment drag link not just move the steering box off center, making the steering wheel off center? If your wheels are straight ahead, and your steering box is in the center of its travel, I would say the drag link is adjusted correctly, no?

When I have a bus that pulls, I swap steer tires side to side to see if the pull changes sides, but the usual result is the pull goes away all together. I would try that first.

4 head lights.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2017 :  12:55:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RonF

[quote]Originally posted by torque

That's the way I always figured the drag link adjustment should be and it is pretty close.

Update thou.
I was in the process of swapping tires yesterday when;

As I had it jacked up yesterday checking the king pin and spring pin play, trying to bust my nose with a pry bar,( see my facebook post) I found the left front center leaf spring was broken at about the center bolt. I wouldn't think that would cause it to pull to the right. So I'm going to replaced both front springs, and upper bracket bushings the start over.

US Army retired CMBT

Edited by - RonF on 02/24/2017 05:26:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2017 :  05:25:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found something interesting on the designation difference between the AAFE and A3FE. The AAFE has the words Blue Bird Between the front turn signal lights and the A3FE Blue Bird is on the grill between the head lights.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000