Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 DEF fluid injection pressure
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

muddywater

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2017 :  11:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Send muddywater a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have a 2012 ISB10 engine in a BB, setting a 4334,18 code. Research says it is a low pressure problem in the SCR system, caused by bad pressure sensor, or low pressure caused by air getting into the pickup line going to module, or bad pump in system.
I have installed clear line on pickup and return lines, finding no air bubbles in that part. I need to know what the operating pressure in the injection line is to determine if it's in the pump or the pressure sensor. Can anyone help? Thanks, Vaughn

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2017 :  11:44:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
130 PSI is what BB manual says.
Have you checked the filter?
Go to Top of Page

muddywater

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2017 :  11:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Send muddywater a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, both in tank and in module. I have 127 PSI at injector, so I'm thinking it's a bad sensor, what do you think?
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2017 :  12:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like it could be. I have not had many problems other than the heated lines and a few tank level sensors, so not all that much experience on it yet.
2012, still warranty? Warranty 5 years. Might be worth a call if close.
Go to Top of Page

muddywater

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2017 :  12:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Send muddywater a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No warranty, it has expired because of mileage, this bus has just over 100,000 miles. I also have replace the center port in module, it is the port for the line going to the injector, inside that port there is a very small mesh screen.

Edited by - muddywater on 02/17/2017 1:45:23 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000