New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  07:54:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody have a recommendation for a good vacuum tool to use on the cooling systems? NAPA has one on special, but I don't know enough about these things to make an informed decision.

It's #77-1300 which is AirLift #550000 Not sure if it's appropriate for a bus or not.

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  08:44:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have one similar to that one from O'Reilly, it works like a charm. You'll know right away if your coolant system is not sealed up. I highly recommend it. Ours don't have all those extra attachments though, kinda like one size fits all is what ours is like.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  09:17:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i bought the snap on vacuum fill tool it works great i would recommend it to anyone it is a bit pricey but its worth it
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  10:03:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dsalinas1939

i bought the snap on vacuum fill tool it works great i would recommend it to anyone it is a bit pricey but its worth it

No! Not pricey from Snap-On! lol

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2017 :  06:02:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys!
Go to Top of Page

td83

83 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  1:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit td83's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a snap on one and works great but i would get an airlift i think is the name for 2 reasons though small ones valve to vac down the system is a handle valve compared to snappy one you have to press down a button and the airgauge on the airlift one is mounted horizontal so you can see easier as the system is vac down and filling as compared to my snap on which is mounted at the top so i have to use a mirror to see the gauge on most busses i work on that have high mounted tanks and the quality to me is the same its a few valves and a gauge
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  5:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use one of these:

http://klineind.com/kl34000-prod.html

It's also sold as a Navistar tool.
Go to Top of Page

busmaster54

United States
21 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  09:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit busmaster54's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have the Airlift #550000 Purchased it from our Navistar dealer. Its a must have tool, works well, have used it on some auto applications also!
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  12:11:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
td83 what model snapon u have your sounds different then mine mine has two handle valves no button althought the gauge does point up so u have to step up to see it mine is part number SVTSRAD262A i had an airlift i didnt like it it was i think a universal where as there was a rubber grommet that u had to squeeze un the tank which always seemed to pop out i hated that thing lol
Go to Top of Page

td83

83 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2017 :  10:58:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit td83's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just checked mine cant locate the model but have seen different snap on ones believe mine is about 9 years old or so , but as far as the rubber pieces from my snap on and his airlift at least with ours are the same mine has a cone shape same as co workers airlift I believe since I bought mine snappy has a kit with numerous adaptors with it . Yea there both good in my opinion but for the $$ and me nit picking the small things I like his airlift . but im sure depending on when yea bought both the snappy and airlift could have changed don't know .
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2017 :  11:13:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i got my snap on one about two years ago it has adapters for different tanks so no worries about it popping off i had that happen with the airlift on and i got pissed on day it keep coming off and the snap on guy just happened to walk in and i said do u have something better then this and he showed me the snapon one and i have had no problems ever since some times u gotta pay for piece of mind lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000