Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2015 Thomas C2 rattle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2017 :  4:33:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We just got our first C2 last week. Was a lease return and is a super nice bus but a couple of things are driving me crazy! Does anybody have a great way to keep the wire channels above the windows from rattling. Also, its got an obnoxious what sounds like a body mount squeaking and popping right under your left foot. I can almost feel it through the floor. I know they are just school buses and they all rattle some. I guess I've just been spoiled with my midwest built Blue Birds that have 170,000+ miles and still don't hardly rattle. Thanks for your help!

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2017 :  3:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The fender well is bolted to the body right under your left foot. Lay underneath and you see it. It will tighten up without holding the bolt on top.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2017 :  12:22:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tip. Every bolt I can find in that area is tight so I tried readjusting the rubber bumpers or what ever you call them that the hood sits on when its closed and it seemed to make it a little better. It just didnt sound like where it was coming from.
Go to Top of Page

BUSMAN5

United States
17 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2017 :  3:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A little WD-40 (or similar lubricant) will do wonders for those spring body mounts. Stops the noise for me every time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000