C2 Brake Warning light/alarm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2017 :  4:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2014 Thomas C2 with Hydraulic brakes. Last week a driver brought her bus in with the parking brake light on on the dash and the warning alarm. Let me say this: It is not the parking brake switch, it has been tested and replaced and is working properly. We have had everything out, changed the brake module behind the gauges, changed the gauge cluster, every switch on the master cylinder/booster, bulk head module and every chassis module under the bus that we can get our hands on.

If you want an idea of what it's doing, start your C2, hear that alarm that comes on as the gauges sweep? The one built into the gauge cluster? That's the one, except it doesn't stop once the gauges get done sweeping. The light on the dash that comes on when the parking brake is on? That's the light that's on.

Is there a solenoid I'm missing? Anyone else had this issue?

OK here's the big kicker, someone just brought another bus in this morning with the same problem...

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2017 :  05:35:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a 2008 with air brakes that is doing something very similar. The tractor ABS light stays on all the time, but there are no faults with the ABS system. We have replaced the ABS module, AMUs, checked fuses relays, all sorts of stuff. We had to contact Thomas tech support for help with it and we still don't have it quite figured out. There is something that is keeping the relay for that lamp energized. It's baffling. All I can say is good luck.
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2017 :  11:41:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update to our issue, there was a wire in the engine compartment that got pinched and was shorting out causing the relay for the light to stay energized.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2017 :  3:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fixed!!!!! The huge loom of wires that are sitting on top the left shock, there are loads of splices and one of them had gotten water and had corroded. Can't believe it's fixed. Now to put it all together. Wish Mr. Thomas could have heard all the horrible curse words I said about him. During this whole ordeal, one of our older drivers walks in and, being totally serious, said "Thomas sure makes a sold product." wow.....drivers

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846

Edited by - baptistbusman1 on 01/26/2017 3:37:20 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000