Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Turbo gave up the ghost on MaxxDT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2017 :  04:15:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What steps have you guys taken to clean out the CAC, exhaust pipes etc. We have our own DPF oven but I'm not taking the chance of burning the shop down cooking the oil soaked DPF, I'll be sending that out to have it cooked. Just curios as to what steps and products or procedures you guys use.

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2017 :  05:25:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
CAC had very little debris in it, I'm having International flush it out for me. Replacing the crank case breather and having the DOC and DPF cooked so we should be good to go.

Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2017 :  07:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont forget the air filter and ducting on that side. ive seen more than a couple repeat failures due to debris from that side.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2017 :  08:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
True, its all cleaned and getting a new air filter.
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2017 :  09:59:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the pics also. Its always fun to see what others are dealing with.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2017 :  11:29:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I ended up flushing out the CAC myself International wanted $725 to flush it for me. I laid it on its back and filled it with degreaser and let it marinate all day long then ran a water hose opposite the air flow for about an hour then set an air hose to blow thru it till it dried up. Worked fairly well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000