Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 04 ce200 vt365
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  04:35:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bus runs fine until it reaches operating temp and only goes 35mph loose power and smokes like crazy.

excessive exhaust back pressure flash code 343
power reduced matched to cooling system performance flash code 327

swapped turbo and replaced ebp sensor with sister bus.
no change any ideas?

Edited by - mhernandez73 on 12/28/2016 04:39:30 AM

td83

83 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  04:50:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit td83's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i would check the egr valve likely sticking will cause the dtc ,smoke and no power and also check the back pressure sensor and tube a lot of times carbon is stuck in the tubes causing this .it is possible you may have 2 seperate issues as well what color smoke is it and the 327 dtc may have set at a earlier time if the smoke is white would pressure test cooling system as well to check egr cooler failure common issue with the 365 could also set the 327 and compare the oil amd coolant temps should be within 10 degrees or so . i would go at the 343 diag first then the other checks because thats likely the driveability issue , and check first make sure coolants not really low .
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  05:09:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First of all thank your for quick response.i looked up history. weve checked egr cooler for leaks. replaced egr. ok if coolant and oil temps are NOT within 10 degrees? just asking incase this happens. im going to pull ebp tube and check it. I just test drove it runs fine until it reaches 187f. blk smoke and no power. flash code 327 flashed and went to inactive but still no power
Go to Top of Page

td83

83 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  05:37:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit td83's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea a couple things first if the oil temp is way above the coolant temp thats an indication that the oil cooler is bad like the coolant is at 185 and the oil temp is at 210 and climbing ya can just power brake the bus for a few minutes and check on service max this would set the 327 dtc . when it is bad you will see after a bit the temps start to have a greater spread from the coolant to oil temp . *** but i would guess based on your symptoms the backpressure tube and valve are more likely the issue i would think could be wrong but thats were i would go first .
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  08:06:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
great thanks td83. that's what ill focus on thx brotha.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000