New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2016 :  08:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like it or not, everyone connected to education will be affected by the new administration in Washington. It is my opinion that we have tried it the way we are doing it now for quite a few years. I am scared but optimistic. Scared because what we face is unknown. Optimistic because we are in great need of a government that will rethink the way things are done. Here's an article on the new secretary. http://exclusive.multibriefs.com/content/what-does-the-appointment-of-betsy-devos-mean-for-public-schools/education

This is more commentary than an evaluation of her qualifications and outlook but it kind of gives an idea of what we are going to see. The old guard will fight tooth and nail to stay in power. I just hope this all doesn't affect education adversely. I can always get another job in another field but kids are still going to need to be educated.

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2016 :  3:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice article. I didn't know these things she stood for. My personal opinion, the introduction of privatization of schools accompanied by the lack of discipline allowed in the schools is why we have the problem with public schools now. We should focus more on working on making the public schools better, bring back the discipline, and teach these kids what they need to know, not how to pass a test.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2016 :  11:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol. Well, there's not much more to say about that except YOU ARE RIGHT!!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000