USB link adpters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  07:04:37 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am in need of a replacement USB link adapter for the shop.... Prices for Nexiq seem to be starting at $700 plus... I found an X-Truck USB link on Amazon for about have that price with what appears to be lots accessories...!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with X-Truck brand and if it is worth the savings? I mean if it doesn't work or falls apart the cost savings really don't mean anything... Or should I just spend the extra on the Nexiq?

The Nexiq I have is a few years old and has held up quite well... and it is $275 and up to send it in and have it repaired... According to tech support online Thanks,

2 year warranty
XTRUCK 125032 USB Link Interface with All Adapters with all software
$314.00

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4545 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  07:14:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Xtruck experience but just a reminder to make sure it in fact has the newest 9-pin adapter before dropping coin on it! Old 9-pins will not fit the new green plugs.
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  07:51:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thomasbus24 said EXACTLY what I was going to. lol!
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  09:32:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A common problem with Nexiq is the connector on the circuit board where the usb cable plugs in just need to be re soldered. If its toast or unusable, you have nothing to loose by opening it to see if you could fix it. If so, then secure the cable so it doesn't pull on the connector.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000