2012 Blue Bird BCM Failures
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

57fan

United States
148 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2016 :  9:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is one for all you Blue Bird guys out there. Got a 2012 BB Vision that decided to turn on the right side turn signal in the middle of the night. We disconnected all the inputs into the BCM and left just the power and outputs to the turn signals connected. The right side signals are still coming on and blinking as if there was a burned out light. We have check out all wiring to lights and they are good as well as the turn signal switch. We switched the BCM in another bus and the problem moved with the bad BCM.

Spoke at length with the BB dealer Tech and hy said the BCM was defective. Ordered a replacement BCM and had no problems with it for 1 day and now it is doing it again (with the new BCM)

So what are we missing here? Going to be in touch with the local dealer come Monday morning.

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2016 :  06:02:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just thinking out loud, that circuit being overloaded, sending the BCM into silly mode?
We have had some signal light switches do some funny thing, but you say the problem followed the BCM. So only guess would be something on the original bus, some how damaged the BCM.
Is it constant or intermittent when it happens? That is, if you take the second failed BCM put it in another bus it acts up right away? Problem with my guess, even if overloaded it should reset itself ??

If it didn't follow the BCM I would also guess that it could be something else feeding the circuit for the signal lights.
I like theses kind of problems but harder when they are not in front of you :)
Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2016 :  06:10:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does the bus have lollipop turn signals on the hood? I had one where the tiny bulb inside the turn signal (i think 912 part #) caused all kinds of issues, also check the wiring for the lights, as they have a tendency to rub thru or corrode

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2016 :  10:50:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We had a similar issue on one of ours. We swapped the multiplex from another bus and the problem followed the multiplex. Talked to dealer (warranty issue), he said definitely multiplex, so he sent us a new one and we swapped it out. About a week later, we started having same issues. Took it to authorized BB warranty shop and tech found wires inside the column were pinched and shorting. Best we can come up with is that overtime, it wiped out that part of the multiplex. Dealer was not too happy, but hey, he authorized it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000