Child Safety Alarm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

busdrver4jesus
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2002 :  6:24:42 PM  Show Profile  Send busdrver4jesus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Our Thomas buses starting at 1995 and above are equipped with the CSA (Child Safety Alarm). It is a 9 second alarm that sounds outside the bus after the bus door has been closed to alert anyone outside the bus that it is moving and also allows drivers time to check mirrors before moving the bus. The state of South Carolina requires drivers to wait for this alarm before moving the bus, and if caught not waiting you can be ticketed. Our 95 models, we have to activate our 4-way flashers while alarm is sounding, but on the newer buses, 2000 and up, the alarm keeps the reds flashing during beeping process. Does anyone else have this feature or herd of it? I have provided a link so you can get more info about the CSA.

http://www.transafepro.com/

"With God behind us and His arms beneath us, we can face whatever lies before us."

BlueBird44
Top Member

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2002 :  7:37:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never heard of this. I think it is pretty cool because it can warn people you are about to start moving. Such as a child who decides to pick up a pecie of paper they will be taught if they hear that to move right away. Or if a driver forgot and didn't see a student not cross they would know that they need to move. Also it slows down the bus driver from not checking. In that time I think it would force the driver to check. Instead of some who would be like door shut lets roll. Which is soooo wrong. I like this invention. Thanks for sharing this with us.

~BlueBird44~
Remember Bus Drivers play the most important role in a student's day.
Go to Top of Page

busdrver4jesus
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2002 :  1:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Send busdrver4jesus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Also it slows down the bus driver from not checking. In that time I think it would force the driver to check. Instead of some who would be like door shut lets roll. Which is soooo wrong.

I totally agree with you! Most of the drivers find it annoying and do not wait for it. Most of them still as soon as the door is closed, they take off. That makes it hard for those of us who DO follow procedures. Motorists in my area were not used to the bus waiting for it, since the previous driver did not wait. I have been flipped off, cussed, passed, you name it. I wish they would get stricter on the drivers who fail to heed the procedures.

"With God behind us and His arms beneath us, we can face whatever lies before us."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000