Saf-T-Liner HD Fan Clutch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2016 :  7:00:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
2002 Thomas Saf-T-Liner HD with the CAT 3126B and an air clutch on a belt-driven fan. I installed a brand new fan clutch and belt this spring. The bus has had minimal miles since (2,000 maybe). I think the fan clutch has seized up from the moisture since it parks on the lawn. I believe this because the air solenoid is working properly, the relay working properly, and I was able to unstick it once with some aggressive reving. Now it will not unstick. Do you have any tips? Since it is brand new, I have not been brave enough yet to try hitting it with something or putting some penetrating oil on it. I did not want to damage it without first hearing your advice. Thank you!

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2016 :  07:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how about removing the belt and applying air manually. i had a similar issue with a 98. using an air regulator valve i applied shop air to the clutch and spun it by hand.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000