DPF cleaners
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

darpen5

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2016 :  12:42:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is anyone using a DPF cleaner for example Liqui Molli Does it work?

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2016 :  07:15:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just watched the video. i suppose for cars its a viable option. however on trucks, buses, etc., removing and baking the filter is the best way to go. its built to be serviceable for that reason.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

darpen5

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2016 :  11:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you for your response I am thinking it might be a supplement to the yearly cleaning and baking

Darrell R Holland
Go to Top of Page

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2016 :  3:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We started using a fuel additive on every fill up. My boss claims it has reduced the number of regenerations and dpf cleanings requiring removal. The product is called Clean Boost Silver from Combustion Technologies. www.combustionusa.com. 866-680-3055. I cannot personally confirm or deny his findings.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page

n2682

41 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  04:08:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit n2682's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i use the BG dpf cleaning machine it works great and cleans everything right up with no removal of dpf
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech1

76 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2016 :  1:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How does the BG machine work? Does it also clean the DOC?
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2016 :  09:22:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd like to know more about the BG machine as well. There was talks about our shop looking into getting one.
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2016 :  11:18:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Curious about the BG machine as well. First I've heard of this.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2016 :  11:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/gasoline-fuel-system/bg-fuel-injection-system-cleaner/ I don't personally have any experience with BG, I picked up some info from there sales people at a conference recently and have heard some good reports from other schools using some of their products... I think the link above will take anyone curious to their page... Looks a lot like the systems used by auto repair facilities to clean gas engine fuel injectors to me... Looks to me like it would probably clean EGR system,intakes,turbos and other engine parts.... Prices ? does it clean junk out of engine and deposit it in DOC/DPF?

Edited by - slippert on 09/06/2016 11:54:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

n2682

41 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2016 :  08:29:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit n2682's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i would say yes it does clean the doc they do not claim to but it has cleaned up the intake as well and throttle body. we had one bus that it caused the doc and dpf to face plug because it was really dirty. we let another district use our machine in house and he has had great luck with it as well. also i will add another thing they do not claim is it does clean egr coolers and the egr valve i wouldnt say it makes them perfectly clean but it does work on them.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000