Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 09 BB A3RE Air Door
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2016 :  7:44:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have an 09 All American RE that I am having trouble with the doors banging when you are on the road on a real windy day or if you wind up behind a semi on the interstate. I've tried adjusting the valves on the cylinder but that never seems to change anything except the speed that they open and close. I've also tried to adjust the timing between the front and rear panel with no luck. Is there a regulator where I could turn up the pressure instead of just messing with the flow rate? Any ideas would be appreciated! I cant stand the racket it makes on the road!

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2016 :  07:15:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont have that particular setup but from what you describe...
that regulator can be turned up to provide a bit more pressure, the valves on the cylinder do only regulate open/close speed. if after adjusting the door to be closed tight and you cant push it open by hand hardly at all, perhaps youve got a leak in the acc air circuit while on the road.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4545 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2016 :  07:38:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can also have the control arms/bushings/pins at the tops of the door leaves worn out. We've had to removed doors, cut out the old, weld in new...not fun.
Go to Top of Page

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2016 :  10:18:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you know where that regulator is hidden? Ive tried following the supply lines and haven't found it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000